Google Adwords and Re-targeting Explained by Thornbury Digital Marketing Bristol
There are plenty of new and more effective ways of marketing on the Internet. Google is one of the largest Internet companies in the world and among the leading players in the digital marketing world. The company has introduced plenty of new ways that marketers can make use of in their campaigns. One of these is the service known as Google Adwords.
If you want to laser target potential customers and re-target them then Google Adwords or Pay Per Click (PPC) is the answer. If you are already doing Google Adwords and want to get a getter ‘click through rate’ (CPC) and more websites visits for your budget, as well as saving the time it takes you or your team to manage the campaign, give Thornbury Digital Marketing a telephone call on 01454 800866.
Contact us today and start getting more website visitors for your budget
0117 325 1099
What is Google Adwords?
Google Adwords can be described as an advertising service that Google offers to businesses that wish to place advertisements on Google’s network. Google has a vast network and commands a huge percentage of online traffic. The Google Adwords program allows marketers to set their own budget then pay only when users click on their advertisements. Google developed this particular service to enable small and medium size businesses advertise online at affordable rates. This is why millions of small businesses are able to advertise online at very affordable costs.
Therefore, any business or their marketers can come up with an advertisement based on keywords. These keywords are the words or phrases people enter into search engines. When entered into the query box, they will trigger ads featuring similar keywords. Users are likely to click on these ads and then visit the relevant website and use their products or services.
How Google Adwords laser targets potential customers
Google Adwords largely uses keywords. When these keywords are entered into Google search engine, the system will automatically display the relevant advertisement. Users will very likely click on the advertisement to learn more about the product or service on offer. Laser targeting of customers simply means targeting particular customers who are interested in what a particular business has to offer.
Google Adwords can achieve laser targeting simply by use of certain specific keywords relating to a business. For instance, if a keyword used in an Adwords campaign is “Cosmetic Surgeon” in Bristol, then this advertisement will appear anytime a user searches for Cosmetic Surgeons in Bristol. The chances of the user clicking on the advertisement and using the service are pretty high. This is how the Adwords from Google operate.
Benefits of using Google Adwords
There are many reasons why people use Google Adwords for their web advertisement campaigns.
To attract more customers
Use of Adwords is very effective in bringing in visitors and new customers to a business. They enable businesses to grow their online sales and keep customers coming back. Many UK small and medium size businesses have largely relied on online advertisements such as Google Adwords to attract new customers and keep old ones.
Ability to target the right customers
Since Google Adwords rely on targeted traffic, it means that they will attract the kinds of customers interested in the business. This is because the customer entered the desired keywords that match what the business is offering.
Local and global advertising options
With Adwords, a business can choose to target local customers or even international customers. This is important because some businesses are local and operate locally while others have an international customer base. Such choices make this web based service a very useful service indeed.
Pay Per Click is an effective lead generation tool
Digital marketers may already be familiar with PPC ads or pay per click advertisements. These are web based advertising models that directs web based traffic to a targeted website. PPC basically refers to advertisements placed on search engines where a website owner only pays for the service when users click on their online ads.
Search engines such as Google have adopted an advertising model that largely makes use of keywords and keyword phrases. PPC ads make use of banners or display ads. These ads normally appear on websites with relevant content. They also appear on search engine results. Ad owners only get to pay when Internet users click on the ad banners.
PPC ads can appear on some websites as sponsored ads. This form of PPC advertising appears on content websites and on top or below organic search results. They have a number of benefits in that marketers only pay for what they use while it is easy to track traffic directed to a website. While it is possible to manipulate the system, Google has introduced a system to guard against abuse from competitors and rogue web users. Website owners can check leads generated based on the number of clicks the PPC advertisement receives. The reason why many marketers and website owners consider PPC ads as cost effective is because payment is based on number of clicks compared to those that carry a standard charge.
How Re-targeting Campaigns Work
Re-targeting is a form of advertising. It is also referred to as re-marketing. It can be defined as a form of advertising that targets visitors who get to a website but leave immediately without using the services or buying products. According to statistics, most websites convert only 2% of the traffic they receive. The other 98% traffic often leaves without purchasing anything or spending a dime.
Thornbury Digital Marketing offer direct re-targeting to website visitors through Google and Facebook – and it is VERY effective.
Retargeting displays advertisements and drives huge conversions
Re-targeting tracks a potential customer and initial visitor to a site. The aim is to eventually convert the visitors into a buying client. This is achieved by showing them the same advertisement and then redirecting them back to a website. Since original ads such as PPC only convert 2% of visitors, retargeting is more effective because it attempts to convert the remaining 98% of visitors. This form of advertising has been found to be very effective and is widely used on the Internet by marketers to convert web traffic.
Get more laser targeted visitors to your website. Thornbury Digital Marketing offers a fully managed Google Adwords service, including re-targeting and re-marketing campaigns. Call today to find out how we can help your business: 01454 800866